Saturday, September 11, 2010

Designing My Blog

I am so excited about the outcome of my blog! My idea for this blog was to give it a look that is inviting. When i saw the jelly-bean background, not only was it super cool, but it also depicted the feeling that i want people to get when viewing my blog. The subject of Race and Gender is one that i find quite touchy; therefore, i feel that i need people to know that i am a positive, mostly optimistic person who has her own opinions, but does not objective to the opinions of others. In other words, I'm open. I think that the colorful background helps me express myself in this way. Also, the jelly-beans are meant to be symbolic of the vast range of people in this world, different colors, shapes, sizes, tastes etc. I feel that this is appropriate considering it is a blog dedicated to the topic of race and gender.
I decided to give my blog the title, "everybody has a race and gender" because this statement gives a taste of what my blog will offer, but it also makes the reader really deliberate on the meaning of this statement. For the title, i used a font called "Impact" because for one, i want this blog to impact, or affect its readers, but also the font made my blog look a bit more serious. Speaking of serious, i decided to give my inner background a black fade. The lack of color will help to emphasize the posts themselves and it again touches upon the fact that this is a serious topic and it is not something that i take lightly. What is ironic about this blog is that despite the boldness and life invested in its design, i, the writer, am quite insecure and timid about my writing. I am hoping that through this blog i will become a more confident and bold writer, who is able to touch upon race and gender topics that are most interesting and important to me, but also the ones that force me to reach outside my comfort level. We shall see..

Cococola ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love jellybeans!!! And it is pretty perfect for a blog about race and gender. The black and white background on top of all the colors is striking as well. Kudos for pointing out your insecurities as well. It is the best way to overcome them. I am curious to know more about your title, "Everybody has a race and gender." Do you mean that we are born with these things, or that it is part of our job as humans to create them? Are their consequences when someone chooses not to acknowledge their race or gender?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the jellybeans and the reason why you did it. It is a very bright and colorful background to. I also like how the writing area fades from white to black. The title is cool and informing. I think it is funny that you signed it Cocacola. This is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Coco's background design, because candy is fun and sends a good/warming feeling to your body once consumed. By looking at this page I want to read everything on it, because I am attracted to the bright colored backrgound. Jellybeans are awsome, and so is COCO. ;)

    ReplyDelete